Objective: This project is aimed to develop a Online School Software which can streamline the administration of a school or college. It’s often felt that school management is chaotic in nature. It involves many administrative work and co-ordination. This project is to develop and deploy a web based application so that the different aspects of a school administration become easy to handle.
- Users are administrator, teacher, student and parent.
- This application maintains the students profile.
- Student profile has the personal details of the student, Current standard, History since he/she took admission, progress report.
- Teacher Profile.
- Teacher profile has the personal details of each teacher, skill set etc.
- Parent is a user who is attached to each student and students profile. Parent’s contact details ex- e-mail, phone number and address is stored.
- This web application publishes the syllabus and updates to students, teachers and parents.
- Provision for publishing the progress report by teachers.
- Bulletin Board for publishing different events in the school.
- Facility to find the weak areas of each student and intimating the same to their parents.
- Facility to find out teacher who can help the student with his/her expertise and who has bandwidth to do so.
Non Functional Requirements:
- Secure access of confidential data (user’s details). SSL can be used.
- 24 X 7 X 365 availability
- Better component design to get better performance at peak time
Flexible service based architecture will be highly desirable for future extension
This project has 4 modules, with 4 different types of users. Administrator module is the one where the whole application can be maintained. Administrator has the permissions to check the status of all the students, teachers and parents. Administrator can add a new student, teacher and parent and update their profile. Administrator can give or set more permission or privileges to a specific teacher. Administrator also has the authorization to activate or inactivate a student or teachers account.
In teacher’s module, all the teachers can generate reports for their students. Update student attendant status, email or SMS parents, assign project work to students etc.
In students and parents module, students and parents can only check students grades, their attendance status, reports status, assignment and project works, examination notifications, syllabus updates, class updates cultural activities and events updates, their week areas, class teacher updates, subject teacher updates etc.
From this web application a new student or a parent can also register them self for new admission. Once the admission process completes administrator of this application authenticates the parent user and then his account activates.
Operating System: Widows XP Service pack II or later
Data Base: Microsoft SQL Server -2005
Web Server: IIS (Internet Information Services)
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Asp. Net with C#.Net
Client Application: Internet Explorer 6.0 above
IDE & Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio-2008
Processor: Intel Pentium or More
RAM: 512 MB Ram
Hard Disk: 20GB
For more details you can comment or leave a reply below.